The tall trees caressing the skies for centuries, barks covered with moss, swaying bamboo thickets create the magnificent aura of the Neora Valley NP. Mountain ranges having different hues range from 3000 ft to 8000 ft, apart from its charismatic beauty, Neora Valley is home to some endemic avian fauna. At a distance of 90 Km. from Siliguri and 100 Km. from Bagdogra airport, cradled in the lap of eastern Himalayas lies Neora Valley NP. This rich and exclusive Himalayan forest is noted for the variety of bird species found here making it a great destination for birding and bird will photography. The panoramic beauty acts as an elixir to ease your pain and distress.
This bird photography tour will definitely be a memory to cherish forever for every bird lover, the birding trails will take you to a different world of birds and the love of the forests will make you lose yourself in nature. To make your trip to this place memorable and your bird list really fat, an expert with years of experience from team GoingWild will accompany you.
- 19th October 2017 - Pick up from New Jalpaiguri Rly Station or Bagdogra Airport (§) and transfer to home stay at Neora Valley NP. Post lunch, afternoon birding along the local birding trails near by and Ramitey. Overnight at home stay (L,S,D)
- 20th October 2017 - Morning birding near Damdim and Alagara, Post Lunch, afternoon birding at Damsang Fort birding trails, overnight at home stay (B,L,S,D)
- 21st October 2017 - Full day birding at Upper Neora Valley NP, overnight at home stay (B,L,S,D)
- 22nd October 2017 - Full day birding at Lower Neora Valley NP, overnight at home stay (B,L,S,D)
- 23rd October 2017 - Morning birding in birding trails at Ramiti. Transfer to New Jalpaiguri Rly Station or Bagdogra Airport (§§) by evening (B,L)
(§) - For pick up from Bagdogra, participant(/s) would have to arrive one day prior to the commencement of the tour (staying one night at hotel at Bagdogra); since we would pick up by 0900 hrs and no flights arrive before 1130 hrs.
(§§) - For drop at Bagdogra, participant(/s) would have to leave one day after the end of the tour (staying one night at hotel at Bagdogra); since we would drop up by 1800 hrs and no flights depart after 1630 hrs.
Tour cost per participant is Rs 22,990/- only for Indian Nationals.
This is an indicative cost which might increase if the forest administrative charges are increased.
Tour cost includes:
- All stay on twin sharing basis at home stays
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All surface transfer in non-AC vehicle
- All forest entry fee, guide charges, still camera fee
- Service of dedicated naturalist and wildlife photographer for the entire tour
- All applicable taxes
Tour cost excludes:
- Participant's home town to New Jalpaiguri / Siliguri / Bagdogra and back travel expenses
- Any extra food item not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Any alcoholic beverage
- Any non-alcoholic beverage not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Personal expenses like laundry, phone call, etc.
- Anything which is not mentioned in "Tour cost includes"
Bank account details:
Account No.: 0291102000006453
Account Holder Name: GOINGWILD LLP
Account Type: Current
Branch: Bansdroni, Kolkata
IFSC Code: IBKL0000291
- Advance 50% payment to book the tour
- Balance 50% payment at least 90 days before the commencement of the tour
Refund policy in case of cancellation:
- 50% of the total cost if cancelled 91 days or more before the commencement of the tour
- No refund if cancelled 90 days or lesser before the commencement of the tour
Please note: Date of cancellation will be the date of written (email) communication of the intent to cancel received by us.
By agreeing to participate in any of GoingWild LLP tours, the participant confirms to understand and voluntarily agree to all the terms and conditions, including the below mentioned:
Back to first tab
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the sole criterion for participation.
- Participants are advised to consult their physician in case they have any kind of medical history of hypertension, cardiac issues or any other ailments.
- Tour mentor's decisions during the tour are final and binding.
- GoingWild LLP shall not be responsible for injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveler in connection with terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel partner's control.
- All participants traveling with GoingWild LLP must complete and sign a Risk Release Agreement before the commencement of tour.
- All disputes are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction.