With the authority of a true fascination, bird photographers of GoingWild's birding trips experience the best one can have on field with birds. We earn a comparison with the searious birding and serious bird photography in Neora valley National Park in North Bengal by absorbing glimpse into the maze of espionage in jungle.
Century old tall trees cloaked by moss, swaying bamboo thickets and alpine conifers creates the magnificence of Neora valley National Park. Mountain ranges with different hues ranging from 3,000 ft to an astonishinh 8,000 ft is the home of some of the endemic avian fauna. Just short of 90 km from New Jalpaiguri Railway station or 100 km from Bagdogra Airport, cradled in the mountain ranges of eastern Himalaya lies Neora Valley National Park. This rich and varied exclusive Himalayan forest is characterized by the diversity of habitats. While the lower ridges are mostly covered with bush thickets perfect for luxurian growth of avian fauna; upper ridges mostly is the home for some high altitude avian rarities.
This birding and wildlife photography tour would definitely be a memory to cherish for every birder when he will roam through the birding trails of forest with expert birders from GoingWild. Since tracking birds requires skill and expertise; thus birding tours across this varied landscape accompanied by experts would be productive.
- 7th March 2018 - Pick up from New Jalpaiguri Rly Station or Bagdogra Airport (§) and transfer to home stay at Neora Valley NP. Post lunch, afternoon birding along the local birding trails near by and Ramitey. Overnight at home stay (L,S,D)
- 8th March 2018 - Morning birding near Damdim and Alagara, Post Lunch, afternoon birding at Damsang Fort birding trails, overnight at home stay (B,L,S,D)
- 9th March 2018 - Full day birding at Upper Neora Valley NP, overnight at home stay (B,L,S,D)
- 10th March 2018 - Full day birding at Lower Neora Valley NP, overnight at home stay (B,L,S,D)
- 11th March 2018 - Morning birding in birding trails at Ramiti. Transfer to New Jalpaiguri Rly Station or Bagdogra Airport (§§) by evening (B,L)
(§) - For pick up from Bagdogra, participant(/s) would have to arrive one day prior to the commencement of the tour (staying one night at hotel at Bagdogra); since we would pick up by 0900 hrs and no flights arrive before 1130 hrs.
(§§) - For drop at Bagdogra, participant(/s) would have to leave one day after the end of the tour (staying one night at hotel at Bagdogra); since we would drop up by 1800 hrs and no flights depart after 1630 hrs.
Tour cost per participant is Rs 22,990/- only for Indian Nationals.
This is an indicative cost which might increase if the forest administrative charges are increased.
Tour cost includes:
- All stay on twin sharing basis at home stays
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All surface transfer in non-AC vehicle
- All forest entry fee, guide charges, still camera fee
- Service of dedicated naturalist and wildlife photographer for the entire tour
- All applicable taxes
Tour cost excludes:
- Participant's home town to New Jalpaiguri / Siliguri / Bagdogra and back travel expenses
- Any extra food item not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Any alcoholic beverage
- Any non-alcoholic beverage not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Personal expenses like laundry, phone call, etc.
- Anything which is not mentioned in "Tour cost includes"
Bank account details:
Account No.: 0291102000006453
Account Holder Name: GOINGWILD LLP
Account Type: Current
Branch: Bansdroni, Kolkata
IFSC Code: IBKL0000291
- Advance 50% payment to book your seat
- 100% balance payment at least 90 days before the commencement of tour
Refund policy in case of cancellation:
- 50% of total cost if cancelled 91 days or more before the commencement of tour
- No refund if cancelled 90 days or lesser before the commencement of tour
Please note: Date of cancellation will be the date of written (email) communication of the intent to cancel received by us.
By agreeing to participate in any of GoingWild LLP tours, the participant confirms to understand and voluntarily agree to all the terms and conditions, including the below mentioned:
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the sole criterion for participation.
- Participants are advised to consult their physician in case they have any kind of medical history of hypertension, cardiac issues or any other ailments.
- Tour mentor's decisions during the tour are final and binding.
- GoingWild LLP shall not be responsible for injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveler in connection with terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel partner's control.
- All participants traveling with GoingWild LLP must complete and sign a Risk Release Agreement before the commencement of tour.
- All disputes are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction.